How a CDFA™ Can Help You
Choosing to work with a CDFA™ will provide you with the following benefits:
- A more powerful case – by having in-depth financial projections to support your argument in court
- A credible resource in court/mediation - by acting as an expert witness and supporting your argument with the financial knowledge acquired from 23 years of experience
- An increase in your bottom line – by allowing us to run projections and explain the financial implications of various settlement options to your client so you can spend more of your time providing legal advice and taking on new cases
- Easier case preparation – because we do all the detailed financial analysis and provide you with any settlement scenario you request
- Flexible billing – billing/fees can be paid directly to us by the client or through the attorney
Top Five Reasons for Hiring a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® During the Divorce Process
1) Financial analysis conducted early in the divorce process can save time.
The average length of the U.S. divorce process is one year. In the beginning stages of the process, both parties spend a great deal of time trying to get a clear understanding of the financial aspects and terminology of the separation. A Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®) professional can explain all financial aspects of the pending decisions and help to empower their client to make educated decisions throughout the proceedings.
2) A CDFA can help their client save money during the divorce process.
By using a CDFA professional, you can have a clearer view of your financial future. Only then can you approach a legal settlement that fully addresses your financial needs and capabilities. A legal settlement that floats back and forth between attorneys, without the client having a clear understanding of all financial ramifications, can be detrimental, time consuming and expensive. CDFA professional's can educate their clients by providing a thorough knowledge and understanding of the often-complicated financial decisions.
3) A CDFA can help his/her clients to avoid long-term financial pitfalls related to divorce agreements.
Working with a client and their attorney, a CDFA professional can forecast the long-term effects of the divorce settlement. This includes details of all tax liabilities and benefits. Developing a long-term forecast for their financial situation is far better than a short-term snapshot. Financial decisions must be made that not only take care of immediate family needs, but retirement needs as well.
4) CDFA professional's can assist their clients with developing detailed household budgets to help avoid post-divorce financial struggles.
A CDFA professional can help clients think through what the divorce will really cost in the long run and develop a realistic monthly budget during the financial analysis process. Expenses such as life insurance, health insurance and cost of living increases must be taken into consideration when agreeing on a final financial settlement.
5) Using a CDFA professional can reduce the amount of apprehension and misunderstanding about the divorce process.
Misinformation and misconceptions about the divorce process can be detrimental. Many have false expectations that they will be able to secure a divorce settlement allowing them to continue with their accustomed style of living. Financial divorce analysis helps to ensure a good, stable economic future and prevent long-term regret with financial decisions made during the divorce process.
Please, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about our services.